Thursday 7 April 2011

Twisted Ribbon Flower Tutorial

Good day everyone! Such a beautiful day here with sunshine and cool weather. Love it!

Here is a tutorial I promised to make. I guess most of you are visual type just like me. I know words just doesn't describe most things. Especially when it comes to paper crafting. So here it is.

Close up of the finished flowers.


You'll need matching colour 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, a 1-1/4" circle of So Saffron card stock (use a bigger circle if you want a bigger flower and if you are using a wider ribbon) and Sticky Strip or Sticky Sheet. Stampin'Up!'s Sticky Strip or Sticky Sheet works best with ribbon.


Cover the 1-1/4" circle with Sticky Strip or Sticky Sheet.


Remove the plastic of the Sticky Strip and stick the end of the ribbon in the middle of the circle. I leave my ribbon on the spool so I wont waste any ribbon. I hate wasting things so therefore I keep the left overs and now I have many, many scraps all over the place. That's kind of annoying too. Anyway, back to the tutorial.


Twist the ribbon (my youngest helped me hold the circle while I take a picture, you need two hands to do this ribbon flower).


Twist and wind the ribbon at the same time around the circle and pushing the ribbon down as you go to make sure the ribbon stick to the circle.


Here is more ribbon on the circle.


All covered up circle.


Snip the ribbon off.


Bring the ribbon end to the back and stick it down with a Sticky Strip.


Here is the finished flowers on a card. The bigger flower I used 1-3/4" circle and 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and the small flower I used 1-1/4" circle and 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. I'm going to link this card to So Shelli-blog Shelli Gardner CEO of Stampin'Up! April challenge.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!
Deanna

12 comments:

Karen Y said...

I love this! Thanks so much for teaching it!

Anonymous said...

omg!!!!!!!!!! this is AWESOME!!! an instant fave!!

Rita said...

Thank you so much Deanna! I appreciate that you took the time to create a wonderful & easy to follow tutorial for all of us. Your the BEST!!!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Thanks for a great tutorial! This is very easy to understand, and the finished flowers are beautiful!

Janet said...

Thank you so much for doing the tutorial so quickly! Greatly appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this! I really like how you did the stem, too!

Margaret de Witt said...

So pretty Deanna. I love the ribbon flowers :)

CHARLOTTE said...

You make it look so easy, Deanna, but it's all in the technique. TFS

DianetheLibrarian said...

Thank you for the tutorial. You've taught me how to make another great flower!

Kathy said...

I just love your tutorial of the ribbon flower -it really is easy but it gives such a great "WOW" factor. Thanks for sharing

Meg said...

Congrats Deanna!! Happy to see your card on Shelli's blog as a winner :)

Sharon's Stamping Snippets said...

Thanks for sharing. WOW those flowers are stunning!!